Friday, June 19, 2009

Capturing Video for Trailers

Collaboratively, Gordon and I decided to split up some of the video capturing so that we could have a wide range of videos to choose from when editing.
We spoke about who was capturing what and we succesfully split up alot of the workload. Because Gordon would have to send large avi's to Sydney, it was very time consuming for him upload and so we evetually decided that some videos would have to be re-recorded by me. I also used a plugin called real lifesis that worked with the Crysis editor to accentuate terrific samples of some "time of day" settings.

I used a combination of recording techniques to capture our video clips. I used Crysis camera's and assigning paths to them. I also used a screen recorder much like a more advanced version of fraps called "Snag It". I recorded a total of 7 videos:
  • bridge/water scene
  • circular ending shot
  • exterior sunset
  • interior light and sky display (in presentation room)
  • lake exterior shots
  • zoom out from building to landscape
  • character looking out from upper tier to surrounding environment

No comments:

Post a Comment