Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Information Boards

This process was creating the information boards that will be eventually displayed and placed in our upper presentation room. I found it was easier to manouver and create the boards in max and so this was how I started. The boards were created in max then imported into Crysis.
One issue I found during my process of texturing each board with an image, was that because they were exported as a group as 1 item. The Crysis material editor would assign the same texture to all of the boards. So to solve this I had to delete every board but one and copy them in Crysis.
Fig 1.) The circle of presentation boards

Fig 2.) Finding suitable images to be placed on the boards as custom textures - Here changing the jpeg to dds and defined pixel ratios.

Fig 1.) Applying the image as a texture in Crysis

No comments:

Post a Comment