Friday, June 19, 2009

Polished Fabrication Contribution

As we began our team work I soon found myself in a role not discussed or assigned to me by my team mates formally. I slowly progressed into a project manager. Not because I had any more capable skills then my team mates, but because it was needed for a team manager to delegate roles and define what responsibilities were going to progress the project further. As the project continued I found I had to spend a lot of time on my own working out what was needed during the next immediate week so that our team didn’t become stagnant or inactive. I was constantly assigning tasks, creating suitable times for team meetings and managing work and overlooking project developments and quality assurance.
I did not mind doing this although it was very time consuming and labour intensive, because it showed me how to tackle these sorts of skills. Working effectively with my team and not labeling myself as anyone other than an equal team member was an important skill I learnt. My contributions to Team Urbans was a regular task and my team mates worked diligently throughout the process without any in house conflict.

Even though having a team mate residing in Perth, we were able to work together as a unit effectively and efficiently. It must be said that at times it was frustrating not to have face to face contact with Gordon and having to continually transfer large files across the country through upload softwares. But Gordon and I began to bridge some successfully effective communication skills. It was sometimes apparent that email, msn and txting were not nearly effective enough to communicate particular ideas. During the last few weeks of the fabrication, we were constantly speaking to each other about issues of the design over the phone.

Now that it’s done and dusted, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed working with my team on this Crysis adventure and would to thank them for teaching me some valuable business collaborative skills. I would also like to thank my tutors for an overall crazy and challenging course. But my utmost respect and gratitude go out to all my class mates, who helped, collaborated and endured as a group our "all nighters" in labs and ordering take out food at godly hours of the night.

We really did portray the true essence of this course. By constantly assisting each other, and supporting anyone who wanted help, I felt we epitomised exactly what a collaborative studio represents.

My contribution to Team Urbans Final Polished Fabrication:
  • Manage and organise team
  • Write team Polished Fabrication Plan
  • Team blog (95% of all contributions were mine)
  • Work out new design – (research, sketches, modelling in 3dsmax etc.)
  • Modelling building in 3dsmax (Working along with Pui Pui)
  • Recreate Sun/light fixture animation in max then Crysis
  • Create sarcophagus in Sketchup
  • Source and export gargoyles from max
  • Create vegetation for model
  • Export all components of the model into Crysis
  • Research relevant custom materials
  • Develop textures for model inside Crysis
  • Internal Lighting
  • Record videos for trailers
  • Research music and other trailer precedents for presentation videos
  • Create Information/presentation boards using max and Crysis
  • Assist Jo in creating Presentation Vidoes
  • Capture "stunning images"

No comments:

Post a Comment